The FPH Auxiliary awards scholarships, of which some are privately endowed,
to students pursuing and/or advancing a Health Career. The Scholarship
Committee appraises and evaluates each application using the following
standards and criteria to select the scholarship recipients.
The following criteria are reviewed:
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Honor and/or professional achievements
- Volunteer Service
- Letters of Recommendation (current within 6 months, original and signed)
- Two personal or professional letters of recommendation
- FPH employee must add one letter of recommendation from his/her Department Director
- FPH Junior Volunteer must add one letter of recommendation from Director
of Volunteers or Junior Volunteer Advisor
- Personal essay expressing applicant’s goals
- Financial Need
- Use of correct application form and completeness thereof
- Any high school senior, college student or Foothill Presbyterian Hospital
(FPH) employee who has been accepted to study at an accredited college,
university, or technical school pursuing a health career and/or advancing
his/her professional health career
- Applicant must be United States (U. S.) citizen.
- Applicant must be California resident.
- The school to be attended need not be located in California, however, it
must be accredited by a regionally accredited association of schools and colleges.
The applicant must use and fully complete the
2016-2017 application form.
Applications are mailed to local High Schools, Community Colleges and Universities.
Applications are also available in the FPH Auxiliary/Volunteer Service
Office and FPH Nursing Office.
Application forms and all other required documents must be received in the FPH Auxiliary office
no later than the close of business on March 15, 2016. No exceptions please!
For more information, contact the FPH Auxiliary office:
250 S. Grand Ave.
Glendora, CA 91741
Download the Application Form